Our resident digital treasure hunter Fabian has found even more things hidden inside AC3's files. In this post you'll see the music player and movie player that we can normally access only with the AppenDisc and a model viewer that was completely left out of both the game disc and the AppenDisc but seems to be functional from what our AC3 scholar says.
Here's his whole report taken verbatim:
Music Player: Works just like the Music Player that appears in the AppenDisc. You can play any track that appears in the game and a few “unused” ones including The Execution, for some reason the track Defiled does not appear in the track list although it is present in Disc 1.
- Directional Pad/Left Analog Stick: Rotates the aircraft
- L1: Zoom In
- R1: Zoom Out
- Boot the game
- Create a New Account using the default name (Nemo)
- Set the difficulty to Hard
- Leave all the other settings unmodified
- Save the account in the Memory Card Slot 1, in any "sub-slot".
- Watch/Skip all cutscenes/dialogue/etc.
- In the Pre-Mission Menu, select Options
- Once you are there, activate the following Gameshark codes:
- Highlight any option of the menu and deactivate the codes (If you don't deactivate them you’ll be stuck in the Extra Menu since the codes force the game to load that menu)
- If you use the Music Player after using the Model Display some of the graphics of the time counter will be corrupted, that is because when you enter to the Model Display the game replaces the graphics used by the Music Player with the textures of the aircraft currently displayed but it doesn’t retrieve the original graphics after you leave the menu.
- If you try to use the Movie Player after using the Music Player the game will freeze.
- Some emulators may crash while attempting to load the Movie Player.